Monday, February 22, 2010

Paid in Full



So, I was cleaning out some things here in the apartment and came across an acoustic CD with different hymns. It was actually Jader's, now it's both of ours, :) and I had never listened to it before. I excitedly popped it into the computer and began to listen. All of the songs were beautiful but this one really stood out to me. I began to think on the lyrics and praise God for the gift of His Son and the freedom that He brings to my soul.

What great love God showed us in sending Jesus, His own Son, to the earth to be crucified on a cross and to rise to life again to pay the debt for sin. This was His purpose. We have all sinned against God and He provided the only way for reconciliation. Please listen to the lyrics, read the lyrics and let God minister to your heart like He did mine.


I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small,
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

Lord, now in-deed I find,
Thy power, and thine alone,
Can change the leper's spots,
And melt the heart of stone.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I,
Where-by the grace to claim;
I'll wash my garments white,
In the blood of Calvary's Lamb.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

And when, before the throne,
I stand in Him complete,
"Jesus died my soul to save,"
My lips shall still repeat.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.


“‘Come now, let us reason together,’ says the LORD. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool’” (Isaiah 1:18).

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him” (John 3:16-17).

No comments:

Post a Comment