Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Overwhelmed by goodness

I love what Jader and I do! It's so rewarding to be right where God wants you to be and to be able to do the specific work that He has for you. It's rewarding and fulfilling, yet that doesn't always means it's going to be super easy, but the rewarding and fulfilling part outweighs all other trials or challenges. I just love it.

Apart from working with different Bible Clubs in various churches in Managua we also disciple the club leaders. This is always done one on one and usually in Jader and I's home. I have four girls that I currently meet with and it's so neat to get to know each one personally and see their talents, desires and love for God worked out in their lives. They begun to open up with me and seek help in specific areas of their lives desiring to know what God's word says concerning that issue and how to practically walk out their faith.

Bible Clubs and discipleships are part of what we do along with big outreach events. We just had a football marathon where youth invited friends and especially those who haven't heard the gospel. We had around 350 people attend and matches going on all day. There was a group of youth assigned to evangelism and they shared one on one with different people about Jesus and the director of Word of Life shared mid-day and there were at least 50 decisions for Christ. I have pictures that I will be posting probably Friday or sometime this weekend.

Today we received a group of American girls, 11 in all, who came from Costa Rica because their visas had run out and they needed to renew them by leaving the country. They have been studying Spanish in Costa Rica with a ministry called Score. We went to an orphange and spent time with the kids and then in the afternoon we were going to share with women in a women's hospital but due to the swine flu we could not enter. We decided to go to a place where there are people who are protesting pasivly due to pesticide used on bananas when they were working on a banana plantation. They are hoping for compensation from the government and are living right outside the National Assembly. They've been there for two years living in plastic huts and sleeping in hammocks. Walking among these protestors and sharing with them really makes one think about life.

Well, I must get going. Jader and I will be taking the group siteseeing tomorrow. We're going to a place called Granada, which I've been to many times and enjoy a lot. It's one of the most turistic places here in Nicaragua. I plan to take pictures and post those as well. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that things are going well! enjoy Granada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! Glad to hear things are going great! Stay healthy with the swine flu so near. Although, now its in Houston too! Can't wait to see all the pics from Granada!!! And I want to see your house too! Now that you guys are settled~

    ReplyDelete